Thursday, January 05, 2012

Katelynn's tree


Let me be the first to say I do NOT (normally) like white trees!!!  But I had wanted a tree for my little girls room so bad and with teals, pinks, lime greens a green tree was just NOT GOING TO WORK.  So we found a white tree for like $20 at Wal-mart....I was tempted to wait another year so i could get it for $10 after Christmas...but figured hey it's for my little girl, why not?   And I loved the colored lights on it for a kids room too.  Since I am normally a fan of White/clear lights.  I had picked some ornaments up the year before for 50% and 75% off so I was excited to get this tree decorated.  We let her just go to town on it!  She was so proud to do it.  Although she only wanted to decorate one side of the tree?  Not sure why...we tried to encourage her to do the other side...but nope not many bulbs got to the other side.



Here is her finished product!  See how proud she was????


Well, I was pleased but still wanted so much more to go on this tree...so after a few trips to Target (who just happened to be selling JUST THE ORNAMENTS I NEEDED !!!!!)    4 snowflakes for $1 and the big Pink tree ornament approx. $3.   I hooked the big one together with 2 of the snowflakes....loved the look for a tree topper.  And I had seen Sock monkeys at Khols...but when I went to get them...they were gone. Even had my mom look for them at hers...NOPE.  So a trip to Walmart...got me the other Sock Monkeys.  (For Half the price I am sure!)   Then with some extra teal ribbon (from my mom/Nana) I felt really bad to re-do her tree...but had fun making it look so Childish! 




I LOVED THE END RESULT!!! 


(Even had to get wrapping paper to match the theme!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Neat post. There's an issue along with your website in web explorer, might test this? IE still is the market leader and a huge portion of other folks will omit your wonderful writing because of this problem.

Here is my webpage does clearpores really work