Friday, October 28, 2011

Fall Happenings

Awful again...what can I say I have good beginnings but kind of flicker out. That is not my intention...but seems how my life goes. Trying to work on that "bad" thing in my life.

But anyhow here we are....parenting is going better only one more broken "expensive" item. So let's hope that is all the broken items we have for awhile.

We have had a tea party which was so fun. I was given by my grandma, whom I called Nanny, a pretty tea set. It actually has no cups and saucers...just the tea pot, sugar dish, one other little dish that I don't know what it is for and creamer. So Katelynn and I used coffee cups and saucers. (I have since bought one tea cup and saucer at a garage sale and am on the look out for a few more) We had water and gummy life savers, and Dove chocolate. I pulled out my table cloth and a cute vase with flowers and had her put her feather hat on from Nana and Papaw...and mommy had a fuzzy pink bucket hat. ( since she thought I needed a hat too.)

*even though this gift was Never really asked for and when opened thought "why in the world did Nanny get me this?" Maybe God knew I could share a little bit of her (my grandma) with her GREAT-granddaughter whom she would never meet on this earth....either way I am thankful for this gift NOW more than ever!!!*

Miss. Katelynn ready for "tea time"

*Notice the pinkie finger *

We also made some yummy apple cream cheese muffins and shared them at the bored meeting that night.

Then Friday came (Oct 14).....honestly I was dreading it. Katelynn was having her first sleepover at Map's house...just because. I knew I needed the break...but I was having a rough time knowing she was going to be gone for about 24 hrs. I know I am crazy...but it's honestly how I feel.

  So Pap-pap ( Jonathan's dad) came and picked her up about 3:30. I quickly left the house due to not wanting to be lonely. I went to my favorite scrapbook store and used some coupons and enjoyed some shopping without having to say,"Katelynn come to mommy." "No, don't touch that". It was kind of nice. Finally went home...and planned on scrapbooking. But all energy left me and overwhelming loneliness set in. I was almost angry at my self. Jonathan called later and I told him to hurry home I needed someone in the house I was to sad. I knew we were going to dinner for a nice date but had asked no questions due to LOVING surprises. He came in the living room and told me to pack my bags. We headed downtown to Weber Grill. Dinner was so yummy, I had a delicious steak and yummy mashed potatoes (which is HIGH on my crave list) and Jonathan had combo plate of pulled pork and ribs. ( I think). We were to full for dessert so we headed outside were we had to wait for our carriage ride.

*pictures courtesy of yellow rose carriages and Weber Grill

 I felt like we had been rushed back to our dating days. We some how had signed up for the long ride...which was a bit more money than we planned...but went for it. It was cold but we had a big blanket and enjoyed cuddling as we watched the city and just talked and talked...ok and maybe kissed too.

Then we went to the motel (ok so that did not remind me of dating but did remind me of pre-kid days.) Jonathan got a beautiful room overlooking the city at the J.W. Marriott for a really good deal. We got a delicious cookie Sunday from the bar downstairs ( which was the only thing opened that late) and enjoyed it in our room. It was a wonderful evening and the best date ever!!!! He out did himself!!!

*picture courtesy of J.W. Marriott

 We had only had one real date since Katelynn was born so we deserved it. I told him I want one more date before this new baby is born.
The next morning we woke in time to see the last part of the sunrise across the city....just awesome from the 15th floor with floor to ceiling windows. After we got home I left and went to a small massage place that Jonathan had gotten me a gift card for LAST Christmas. I had been listening to some Christian music in the car and had just WISHED I could listen to that kind of music during my massage. When I got back to the room she turned on the music guessed it!!!! Needless to say as got ready and crawled under the blanket on the table I was in tears!!!!! I told her she had NO IDEA what a blessing it was! The massage was awesome...and she talked of Jesus the whole time. She even prayed with me at the end and blessed me and the baby. Sounds crazy to some...but she was what I needed. Needless to say the pregnant lady was on hormone OVERDRIVE!!! Lots of tears all the way home. And trying to explain to hubby..he was trying not to laugh so than I got so tickled. I was a mess!!!! I was never more ready to go get my baby girl that late afternoon!!!

Oct 17 (Monday) we went to Mansfield to the cover bridge festival. We went with mom and dad and had a blast. It was cold to start but warmed up. We got lots of good deals and got some Christmas stuff too! We ended our time at MayberryGriffeth stuff...including the old police car out front.

We ended the week with a Be-lated birthday celebration at Don-Pablos with Phil and Jenn Alexander and Nathan and Leah Randall. We were there for a LONG time than Jenn invited us to their house...we had a wonderful evening that ended way to late!!!! Katelynn fell asleep on her big foot stool with a fuzzy blanket and her feet hanging off the end. She was such a good girl for such a adult evening!!!

So there you are caught up!!! Maybe next week I will keep on top of this...but do not hold your breath!


Constance said...

that is so awesome. sounds wonderful. I truly understand all the hormonal issues.

Anonymous said...

I love your post about your date. Sounds so fun:) You have a precious little family and I cant wait to meet your new little one!! Hope to see you at Thanksgiving!!
-Holley Lavy