Wow, I feel awful. 4 months have gone by and I had done nothing with this blog. I hope in the days to come to do so much more with this. I truly have had lots of Blog postings go thru my head....even articulated just how I would say things....cute titles....pictures I wanted to add, only to fall into bed each night and say I will do it tomorrow! Sounds familiar on to many occasions on to many things. I think I sometimes make myself out to be more productive than I actually really am. The Lord is really working on that area in my life. So this blog is going to just be a quick (yes, for those that know me I CAN CUT TO THE CHASE SOMETIMES) overview of life changing things and some hopes to accomplish better things too.
1. DEVOTIONS: This is an area I am SO EMBARRASED about. I wish I could say I have always just dove right in daily to GODs word. But I haven't been that disciplined. But in the last almost 2 weeks I have only missed a few days and God has been so faithful to me. I thank God for being patient with me in this area.
2. MARRIAGE: Jonathan Thompson! Wow love being married to that man! He drives me crazy, crazy in love,makes me laugh, makes me cry....and loves me unconditionally. Having a child only makes me love him more BUT it makes marriage only that much harder. Finding time for just US is hard and is taking a lot of discipline especially on my part. I tend to be a loner when it comes to late evening and usually have a plan for how I WANT TO SPEND MY EVENING. But beginning to realize time is short and I need to make the best of the evenings I have with my wonderful hubby. I am a blessed woman to have a great man! And a great father for my little girl.
3. COOKING: I am having a blast in this area! Learning to cook with alot of fresh ingredients. Fresh garlic,peppers, and several other things. I am really learning to adjust things to my liking. I plan to share some of those on here soon. I have a dessert I have fallen in love with and have made it so much that my husband made m promise not to make it for a month! It's nothing extra special just gooey and chocolaty!!!! (need I say more to get your attention?). Than a savory soup that was supposed to be just meat and noodles...but the drippings were so good that I made more of the broth and added some veggies (and plan to add more next time too) and made such a yummy pork soup!!!!!! Plan to share SOON!!!!!
4. BEAUTY: Ok I kind of put this topic on here thru gritted teeth....but I decided at the beginning of this year that it was OK for me to care about me...my face, my skin, my teeth. My motto until than was basically just MAINTAIN. I found some products that I have now been using for about a year and I can see huge difference. And where it is a bit more money I am liking the skin change I have seen. But I will share more on that and give a huge shout out to my consultant who is also the greatest neighbor a person could have!
5. PARENTING: Who knew that one precious little girl could bring so much joy to life. When I feel that little arm drape over my shoulder as we are eating out and she has ketchup on her mouth and greasy chicken finger hands I resist the urge (most of the time) to move her arm, when she purses her lips and says "kisses" I can't help but lean in and oblige her, and a sleepy little girl,who is starting to have morning breath, gets placed in bed beside me as daddy gets ready for work looks at me with squinty eyes and a huge smile says "Goo Moe-ring Mommy" usually followed by a huge hug and a cold wet kiss... I am reminded just how blessed I am! Discipline is beginning to be a great challange and am finding how sometimes a mom whose nerves can be so on edge over someone she loves so much...and also feeling like her heart is hurting too!
6. LASTLY........ We are EXPECTING a new bundle of joy in the late spring approx May 11!